Sunday, February 15, 2015

Hairy Woodpecker




This guy flew by after I had been waiting for about 30 minutes. A Hairy Woodpecker. The sides of the head show a wedge shaped black stripe instead of more of a round stripe a Downy Woodpecker would have. Unfortunately that photo was not in focus therefore I put this one on.




This Blue jay was less cooperative. This was the best photo I could get of him. There were a few giving calls at further distances. These woods where I was at were devoid of birds most of the time we were there. 

One reason I go into the woods is to take photos. Another reason is to be quiet and listen for the Lord. That is the primary reason I go into nature. It is not the technology but the quality of life I am looking for. 

Therefore my day can be a success on different levels.

Psalm 24:1
A Psalm of David. The earth is the LORD'S, and all it contains, The world, and those who dwell in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment