Sunday, May 22, 2016

Northern Parula (Parula americana) Warbler



I saw this bird landing at different places before it landed here. This is a male, the female does not have the black neck band. Their range is more to the south then up in western Missouri.

When I first saw the bird I thought it was a wren. The size being small like a wren. I had a 75mm to 300mm zoom lens on my camera. The shot was an f5 1/400 sec. at 230 mm ISO was set at auto and registered 400. We were sitting at a lookout over a creek and had been talking for more than 5 minutes. It was a cloudy day but not hot at all. There had been some rain the day before so the trails were muddy but we were walking on a paved trail.

To see a bird like this is a treat for me for I don't find many birds in the summer woods up till now. I hope to find more birds in the summer as I sit listening, watching and waiting. I not only wait for birds but also the Lord as He will speak to my inner ear. It is not so much that God speaks but that I hear what I have been learning from the Bible.

To hear what I have been learning from the Bible is a funny statement. Jesus said many times, he who has ears to hear, let him hear. We at times hear but don't receive what we hear. Why? Because it is not what we want to hear. But God's ways are different then our ways. So as I listen, I learn from my errors to turn towards God and follow the direction I receive from Him.

"I will stand on my guard post and station my self on the rampart;
And I will keep watch to see what He will speak to me,
And how I may reply when I am reproved." Habakkuk 2:1

I have questions to ask God and my heart is at times troubled. As I wait for Him, He will direct me in the right way. When I discern His direction I will be encouraged. Each time I hear I am energized.

No comments:

Post a Comment