Sunday, July 24, 2005

Fog from the Summer Dew

Hiked with my dog to the park just after sunrise Saturday morning. It was going to be a hot day above 100F with high humidity. This was the best part of the day.

When I got there, I headed for the picnic table and let my dog loose. As I looked out across the park, I noticed under the trees the grass was barely wet while the areas open to the sky had dew on the grass and was rising as steam.

Looking across the grass under the trees was the normal color green, but in the open the grass showed a white steam that could be seen for about 2 foot in the air.

As the sunlight moved across the field the steam stopped rising. It was not the sun light but 200 feet in front of the sunlight.

When I walked up to get a closer look I couldn't see the steam anymore.

I left the house at 6:20 and it is probably a 15 minute walk to the park. Now most of the dew is gone and it is 7:04.

There is a morning dew from the Lord that is directly for you. As the sun rises, the dew returns back to the sky as steam. As Jesus comes to us what we have received in our devotions can be given back to Him in worship, prayer and praise.

At 7:20 the fog of dew had stopped.

Yesterday I failed to bring my camera. So I came back the next day to get the photo. No dew fog was to be seen.

The lesson in this is interesting. Christians have wonderful experiences with God. Because of this great time, they create an organization to make sure they do it right every time. The problem is God has moved on to something else. The Christian organization is still there but God is doing something else. They are tied with their money organizational and educational commitments and do not want to throw that away to follow an unknown or unproven path. They have made the Bible and doctrines the letter of the law. Don't get me wrong. Doctrines and the Bible are good, they are very good. They are guide posts and maps to God. But don't get tied up in a system and restrict God.

2 Tim 2 says not to be tied to the world. We are to follow Jesus as soldiers.

A cool breeze blows. I have not felt a breeze in a while. This following of the Spirit is important. Sometimes we get it just right and other times we don't. That's OK, we are on the path of seeking God.

You will not find anything if you are not seeking.

Numbers 19:11
When the dew fell on the camp at night, the manna would fall with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment