Monday, November 13, 2006

Crows



I was watching a field of crows eating at Blue Valley park. Guard crows were in the trees circling the group. Most would continue walking across the grass searching for food. A few would fly over to the trees to the east. Then a few would fly back to the grass to eat.

There were more than 1000 of them.

When they were flying over to the trees they would have the tips of their wings pointed up. When they would land going west the tips were aligned with the wing.

This would go on for about 10 minutes. When I had pulled up with my truck and stopped. The crows gave me space but weren’t bothered.

Then all of a sudden all the crows were flying except 1 section of them. And it wasn’t 10 seconds before that group were on the move also.

I thought someone must be walking across the park or a couple of stray dogs were coming this way. Then I saw a red tailed hawk land in a tree to the north. The red tail shown in the sunlight.

All the crows are gone and 1 Red tailed hawk was sitting in the tree. Later another Red tailed hawk flew over and both of them flew off together.

Some of the crows might of gone to the Blue river bottoms to the east. A few crows
moved back into the trees to my east. But moved away quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment