Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Rock Outcroping


Hiking along a trail that cuts through a steep hillside I came across this rock outcropping. The ground went almost straight down from the top to the bottom.

I looked for signs of wildlife but didn't see any. My links show some rock outcroppings. When I run across these I am reminded of the fragile soil layer above these rocks. Most plant growth happens in the topsoil layer.

Forests on steep hills and mountains will suffer erosion when logged. Especially clear cut logging. Care needs to be taken when working in these sites. Where I am, is a park and I won't have to worry about logging.






Ezekiel 17:5
"He also took some of the seed of the land and planted it in fertile soil. He placed it beside abundant waters; he set it like a willow."

No comments:

Post a Comment