Friday, June 27, 2008

Summer Woods Obstacles


Why do I like to hike in the woods in the heat of the summer? I have to put up with these stick tites though the seeds have not come out yet. When they do my pants are covered with them.

Other things that would keep people from going into the woods in the summer are:
Sweat from the humidity and heat.
Cobwebs in my face.
Spiders getting on my neck.
Mud.
Ticks
Poison ivy (it has not bothered me, but I stay clear when I can)
mosquitos
snakes
thorns
thirst (the water I carry is warm when I drink it)
When I was climbing out of a creek I reached up on a bank and my hands burned from the poison of a weed I touched.
Obstructed view.
Logs hidden under weeds that present a tripping hazard.
Ants that bite when I sit down to rest.


Here is my dog below me, getting some needed water. This shows the steepness of what I hike in.

In spite of all this I still hike in the summer woods. Why? Because I love it. I don't notice these problems much because I am focused on other things.

Jesus asks us to follow Him and this sometimes will entail some problems. If we love Him we will overlook the problems to be a help to other people.

2 Timothy 1:8
". . . but join with me in suffering for the gospel according to the power of God."

No comments:

Post a Comment