Saturday, December 13, 2008

Bluffs along Katy Trail


Here are a couple of interesting photos of river bluffs on the Missouri Katy Trail. Riding my bike in this area was rewarding. It was rewarding to experience the river to the south and the bluffs to the north.

Why is it that we are attracted to bluffs and mountains? There is a visual granduer that is true. But I think there is also a longing for heights because of the protection or challenge they present on getting up there.

God says he is in a high and lofty place and also He dwells with the lowly. We can look to God and have peace and contentment in our heart no matter where we are at. It was easy for me to be at peace with God on the Katy trail. But would I be at peace if I was stuck on a job in a factory? Normally I would not. But with Jesus in my heart it would not make a difference where I was. Peace would not rely on me or my circumstances but in God's goodness to me. I am so thankful that Jesus lives in me.

Thank you Jesus for your goodness and Your word to my heart of peace in the midst of trouble which life throws at me from time to time.

John 16:33
"These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation but take courage; I have overcome the world."

No comments:

Post a Comment