Friday, November 14, 2008

Hickory With Fall Color






Zooming in on the buds of this hickory I ID it as a Bitternut hickory.


I always enjoy the fall. One I like it because of the revitalizing I get by the cool weather. I don't work up a sweat hiking through the woods. Of course the color is enjoyable. There is some sadness as the trees drop their leaves. But I enjoy the easiness of hiking through the woods off trail.

Fall A Time For Color

Kids have a ball
when they roll in the leaves of fall.

The color of tree leaves lined up on the street.
The cool weather relieves from the summer heat.

A time of hiking
Family raking

Color to see.
and be amongst the trees.

Leaves fall to the ground.
the freedom to get out of town.

I am not a poet
but I don't know it:)

No comments:

Post a Comment