Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Witness Trees

Large leaning to the left tree.

Hiking through some woods I am establishing some witness trees that I can reference back to when I describe something in these woods. I want to find my place again when I come here in the summer. GPS may be a modern solution but that is not why I come into the woods. I am dealing with modern tech now as I write this. I want nature to teach me and not rely on high tech.

The above tree will be returned to and ID'ed in the summer and at other times. I can use this tree as a reference to other points in the woods near by.

What in life do we use as references to see how we are doing?

The Bible. People with a strong Christian witness.



Here was my next witness tree. It sat on top of a ridge which could be seen from both sides. It is a 30" oak. I measured the circumference and it was 96".

I then went down the hill to find the next tree. I was a nice one pictured below.

No comments:

Post a Comment