Friday, May 22, 2009

Lightning Strike



Here is a Kentucky Coffee tree that was recently struck by lightening. The bark that peeled off the tree is on top of the grass. There is a dead squirrel next to the tree that apparently was killed by the strike.


Why did the lightening go down the trunk in a spiral?


How much of a chance does this tree have in surviving this strike? I have read in books that trees can survive but it will be a tree that I want to revisit in future years.






Notice the feather compound leaves. They are double compound.

2 comments:

  1. These are my favorite photos, so far. They take me back to childhood when I looked up at the leaves, the sky and the clouds, and had such a wonder and awe at my God who was behind His beautiful creation. Boy! They really take me back...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can find no email address so would you visit my blog and write to me at my yahoo email? I have a request.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete