Monday, August 02, 2004

Roadless Areas

I read with dismay when the Administration’s Decision to Overturn the Roadless Area Conservation Rule

I have enjoyed hiking in wilderness areas for years. The nations forests are a treasure that I have enjoyed working in, playing in, hiking, camping, mountain climbing, cross country skying, exploring, and droving through. I have planted 10's of thousands of trees in Oregon. I have also cut some down. I have built fire trails, and burned off logging units.

I have wondered what I should say about this hot issue. One thing is sure no agreement will be reached that will please everybody.

In my life there are many people that I would like to please. But I want to please God. I need to be about the work God has for me. If I follow God's leading and accomplish His work that is enough.

How do I know His direction? I am not sure how to explain it. One thing I do know. He is a big enough God to show me in a way that I can recognize. I have faith in Him to teach me. Before I came to this faith, I thought it was hopeless.

Deuteronomy 32:12 “The Lord alone guided him, and there was no foreign god with him.”


No comments:

Post a Comment