Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Buckbrush Symphoricarpos orbiculatus




I at first thought that it was a Common Elderberry, but that plant has serrated edges. This plant has entire edges. (smooth) So now I think it is a Buckbrush.

I was trying to ID this shrub. It is a dominate shrub in the some of the parks I hike in. It has a big white pith, so I will go back and check this tomorrow. The leaves are the same but the bark is not as stringy as the picture I took. The stem is 1" dia.


The plant is used for food by many animals.

Deuteronomy 30:9
" Then the LORD your God will prosper you abundantly in all the work of your hand, in the offspring of your body and in the offspring of your cattle and in the produce of your ground, for the LORD will again rejoice over you for good, just as He rejoiced over your fathers;"

No comments:

Post a Comment