Monday, June 05, 2006

Don't lose your cool, Trust the Lord

Posted by Picasa Hiking along a trail something caught my eye in the sky. I was staring up at it and not really seeing anything. While I was doing this a turkey about 25 feet away from me in the grass lost its nerve and flew away.

I decided to work my way through the brush and sit on the edge of a boulder. I didn't see many birds but I did see a red tailed hawk fly by. Missouri gooseberry caught my eye. Trumpet vine was also making its way across another bolder.

On my hike out I came across the spot that the turkey flew away from. There were 3 eggs
there.

Thinking of the turkey, if it had waited for me to make a move it would have been alright. But it did not know that. It lost it's nerve. How many times do we lose our nerve needlessly in trusting God? Danger maybe nearby but it is not touching us. Wait on God for Him to protect us or give direction on what to do about danger. Life is full of problems, but don't let them become bigger than they are. Trust God to be with you through whatever you face.

Isaiah 57:13-15 But he who takes refuge in Me will inherit the land
And will possess My holy mountain."
And it will be said,
"Build up, build up, prepare the way,
Remove every obstacle out of the way of My people."
For thus says the high and exalted One
Who lives forever, whose name is Holy,
"I dwell on a high and holy place,
And also with the contrite and lowly of spirit
In order to revive the spirit of the lowly
And to revive the heart of the contrite.

No comments:

Post a Comment