Thursday, March 08, 2007

Forest Density Contrast

Here are a couple of photos in the same Missouri river bottom land area. The first one is just off the Missouri river. It shows the common tangle of woods.



The second one shows the cottonwood trees growing up from an abandoned park area just 200 feet away from the river.



Insect invasions are cyclical and are influence by various elements, such as weather.

A forest that is growing in a healthy manner will usually have less problems with insect pests. A forest that is stagnant because of over stalking or mature trees that have reached their growth potential will be more susceptibility to insect invasion.

Forests susceptibility to insect invasion reminds me of my need for strength from Jesus. I look to Jesus to fill me with His Spirit on a daily basis. I know that I am nothing without Him. My growth and vitality are only sustained as I remain close to Jesus. Thank you Jesus for your strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment