Friday, February 13, 2015

Bald Eagle




We were at the zoo in February and were walking a ways to see some African animals and not many were out to view. As we were walking back I prayed that the Lord would let me see an interesting bird in the trees. Not long after that  I saw a large bird fly away and I watched it till it landed and I noticed another bird that might be a Bald Eagle. I saw some white, not sure of what I was seeing because of the tangle of bushes and branches I was looking through. But I brought my telephoto lens to the ready as I looked for a hole in the tangle of branches.  I found one and took about 4 photos and then looked for another hole in the foliage to get a different angle shot . Sure enough  I found one and took some more photos. This is where I got the picture you are seeing.

The day was clear with no clouds at all. The temp was in the 50's, a wonderful day to be out and looking for nature. The birds were about 200 yards away. So I was shooting the full 300mm with the lens. At first I was shooting at 5.6f but checking I changed it to f25 to get more focus in case the camera focused on a branch near by instead of the bird. My lens was a Canon telephoto lens EF  f45.6 75-300mm III I was shooting at 1/500 of a second so the lack of image stabilization wasn't a factor. Yet the photo was not well focused so I didn't crop it. If you look close you can see that I am shoot straight through some brush that is out of focus. I was very fortunate to get this shot.

The eagle on the left is a juvenile and this was the bird I watched at first.

This was a true answer to prayer. It had been years since I had seen a Bald Eagle. But God brought these 2 to my attention right after I had prayed.


No comments:

Post a Comment