Sunday, November 06, 2016

White Throated Sparrow


These birds breed in Canada but have come south for the winter. We have not had a cool fall as normal, but these sparrows have arrived and I was glad to get a shot.

They sometimes mate with Dark eyed Juncos and produce  hybrids. These offspring have white tail feathers and look like dully marked White Throated sparrows.

They nest near the ground or up to 18" high. The oldest White Throated sparrow was found to be 14 years and 11 months. from a banding operation.

These birds don't stay long in one place and I was following this bird from branch to branch before I got my shot.

Like a sparrow that often moves our life is busy at times. We should be about the purposes of God and not just rest. Let us make sure what we do is profitable and we will be blessed.

1 Corinthians 15:58
"Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your toil is not in vain in the Lord."

Father, I thank you for the work You have given me. I rejoice in the grace you have given me.

No comments:

Post a Comment