Friday, September 29, 2017

Bur Oak Revisited



This tree above is the same tree as the one below. The one above was photographed 9/26/17 and 28th while the lower photo was taken in November 2006. The circumference has increased in the last 11 years from 156" to 162 3/8". If you look close there are vines on the tree bowl that I chopped away to measure the bole.

The height was an estimation in 2006 now I have a clinometer.  It was  63' now I measured it as 81'
I don't know what I was measuring in 2006 but I came up with 88'  for the average branch spread. Now I have a branch spread of  99 and 121'

Height 81'
Canopy 99 & 121
Circuference 162
Points 271






There is a lesson as I was chopping vines. A healthy tree is endangered by the vines taking vitality from the tree.

Just because you are healthy now does not mean something is not attacking you. Resist the enemy at every turn in life.

James 4:6
"But He gives a greater grace. Therefore it says, “God is opposed to the proud, but gives grace to the humble.”

Grace is God giving ability to us.

Father, I pray the eyes of my heart my be enlightened to see my victory in my endeavors in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment