Saturday, September 23, 2017

Large Limbed Tree


Height of tree is 61 feet
The canopy is 98 and 77 feet
Circumference is  10' 7 1/2"
Points 209


What I find interesting is the long branch which is 49' long and the circumference is 5' 8 1/8". The branch itself is like a large tree and it is attached to the tree at almost 90 degrees.


The tree is a wolf tree. A wolf tree, is a tree that grows wide mainly because there are no other trees near by that would inhibit the branches from expanding.


Dark green multi-lobed leaves are characteristic of Oak trees. I did not find any acorns but the leaves seem to show it is a Bur oak.


The group of buds on the end of the twig are characteristic of Oaks.



Oaks are strong trees that dominate the woods around here. The uniqueness of this tree has caught my eye for years as I walk by on a trail.

Psalm 118:14 "The Lord is my strength and song and He has become my salvation."

No comments:

Post a Comment