Sunday, February 11, 2007

Revisiting a Tree


Here is a picture of a tree with 5 vines climbing up it and there is a lot of other vines growing up the tree that have jumped across from some brush . I want to find this tree again in the spring or summer. So I am taking some readings from my compass of other trees that will point to this tree.


This is the tree in the center of the photo. To the left of the stem you can make out the vines grabbing the branch of the tree up in the air.

To locate this tree again I am making notes in my journal of how I got here. The more complete notes I can make, the better chance I have of finding the tree again.

There is an Am. sycamore to the east at a azimuth of 92 degrees. It is interesting, there is a Shingle oak on this 92 degree line. So if I line up those 2 trees, they will point the way to the tree with the vines.










There is another sycamore tree at a 52 degree azimuth that has a good den hole for wildlife that I took a picture of.


I enjoy planning to retrace my steps to find these trees again.

I have learned the hard way, that complete notes is not an option. Looking at notes in years past I could not make heads or tails out of what I wrote.

A lot of the problem is I don't have the patience or time to sit down and write the notes in the field. Now I am taking a recorder and making notes as I walk.

A further post on these trees is forthcoming.

It is the same with my walk with the Lord. I sometimes take notes during my devotions to remind myself of important things I have learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment