Friday, February 09, 2007

Snow to Ice

Lingering snow presents a problem for walking. The longer snow hangs around here, the more it turns to ice.


Snow starts out as crystals in the upper atmosphere and gathers more from water vapor. When the snow hits the ground it quickly loses its shape and becomes granular. In northern Missouri we live in the ice zone. Temps get above freezing during the day, at times. This melts the snow and refreezes it at night. This process turns the soft power of snow to ice.


I enjoy snow when its fresh, but this ice is no fun. When I went walking in the woods today I had to get off the trail because it was covered in ice. Off trial was easy walking. The snow had melted or was not uniform because of the leaves and brush.


Life throws many things my way that causes me to be tired or discouraged. But a fresh infilling from God by reading the Bible or prayer will lift my spirits.


Thank you Jesus for your love and acceptance. Thank you for woods to walk in to clear my mind form problems and your Spirit to bring peace to my soul.



No comments:

Post a Comment