Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Hike at Lunch Revives

Walking in to the woods on a valley trail trail for lunch. I decided to cut across the woods because a dog was barking at me and I wanted to get away form him. He was chained up in the yard. I came to a spot and started watching the trees and became relaxed and everything seemed to be better.

I had been stressed out by my teen age kids last night. Their problems and my lack of handling the situation well. Then after I was relaxed I was watching branches and I realized how I need to wait on the Lord. I waited until the peace of God came to my soul, as trees wait for the warmth and rain from spring to start their growth for the new year. Trees wait until the right weather comes. They will wait a week, maybe a month, maybe a season, and if the conditions aren't right maybe a year.

Then as I was relaxed I notice that birds were chirping. One would call then another would call. They were Cardinals. One was close that I could see and the other was further away. I saw a Downy wood pecker working some tree limbs. Then I noticed that some Shagbark hickory buds were loose. I was not able to get a photo because the
limbs were up high and my camera would not focus on the small bud.



Then I decided to move looking for another Shagbark hickory tree to photograph. I did not see anymore of those type of trees. As I walked the forest changed from a hickory forest to a honey locust forest and I saw this unusual Osage orange tree which I took a photo of . It was neat how the branches were coming off the hill side. Then I hiked up through the woods to get out of the woods and I saw a big cottonwood tree that had become a wolf tree. I will use that tree as a marker to show me where to cut into the
woods to find the Osage orange tree again.





"Cease from anger, forsake wrath; fret not yourself, it leads only to evildoing. For evildoers will be cut off, but those who wait for the Lord, they will inherit the land." Psalm 37:8,9

No comments:

Post a Comment