Tuesday, February 05, 2008

30" Shingle Oak


Photo taken just before or after Jan 1 2008

This may be the biggest Shingle oak I have seen.

This is an estimated size because I did not have any measuring equipment with me at the time. I was on one of my lunch hikes and was as usual unprepared. The Missouri record tree has a diameter of 51 inches.

Here is a link to a list of the Missouri record trees.

I will try to find my way back to this tree to measure it for real. My guess is that the diameter will be a little smaller than I think, because of other estimates that I checked. Looking for the trees is half the fun. As I have posted in other blog entries my descriptions lack clarity at times, and I could not make heads or tails out of what I said.

I will find this tree at some point because it is in some woods that I like to explore from time to time. The terrain is not brutal that has kept me from finding a few of my trees.

Micah 6:8
"He has told you, O man, what is good;
And what does the LORD require of you
But to do justice, to love kindness,
And to walk humbly with your God?"

No comments:

Post a Comment