Friday, February 15, 2008

Red Oak



Here is a Red oak in the photo above it is to the left of the tree on the far right. I call it a Red oak not knowing exactly what species it is. The 2 red oaks I run across in woods in west central Missouri are Northern red oak and Shumard oak.

I measured this tree:
height 89'
circumference of 99"
Canopy of 62'
Total points 204


Here is a close up of the tight bark characteristic of red oaks. They are healthy trees, growing to dominate the forest.


Isaiah 66:1,2

"Thus says the LORD,
'Heaven is My throne and the earth is My footstool
Where then is a house you could build for Me?
And where is a place that I may rest?

For My hand made all these things,
Thus all these things came into being," declares the LORD
But to this one I will look,
To him who is humble and contrite of spirit, and who trembles at My word.' "

1 comment:

  1. Forests such as this make lovely sanctuaries where one can spend time alone with G-d. There is no more fitting a temple to worship Him, then in the natural beauty of His creation. Nothing that man fabricates can really compare.

    ReplyDelete