Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Silence


One of the main reasons that I am drawn to nature is the quietness that I find in the woods.

I found this rough bench off trail in the woods a couple of weeks ago. It symbolizes for me the opportunity for reflection and meditation that returns peace to my soul when I am troubled by many problems that are not as important as I make them out to be.

When in nature I can stop and consider what Jesus is teaching me through the problems I face and the Scriptures I read. I could get the same thing by closing my eyes and stilling my soul anywhere I find myself, but the woods offers the opportunity freely.

There is something about being among trees with branches raised to their creator that speaks to me of worship. The different types of tree that I find in different woods explains that God has made people different and where one will excel, in another circumstance another type of person will excel.

These woods have always been here. It is as if they are waiting for me to come and be renewed. God is always speaking and waits for us to come to Him. My life is richer when I hear from Him and understand His ways.


Isaiah 41:1a
"Coastlands, listen to Me in silence,
and let the peoples gain new strength."

No comments:

Post a Comment