Monday, September 15, 2008

Leaves Retaining Water



Here is a beautiful Eastern Red cedar that is holding water after the rain.



Red bud leaves seem to cause the water to bead up on the leaf and not flow to the lowest point.



There have been times when I am in the woods when the leaves keep dripping water long after the rain has stopped.

There was one time I was camping at a campsite while it was raining. I went up into the woods tied a canopy over my hammock and laid down to read. I was enjoying my book and did not notice the rain stopping because of the constant dripping from the leaves over me. What made me aware of the change of weather was when I heard children playing down below in an open field. I then listened and realized the rain was not falling anymore.

Psalm 119:73
"Your hands made me and fashioned me;
Give me understanding, that I may learn Your commandments."

No comments:

Post a Comment