Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Stand of Black Willow

Photo of Black willow along the Missouri river.

Below is a photo of while I am hiking to the forest. It is further up the bank.

A carpet of cottonwood is next to this stand. It must of seeded in during a different flood.


I came across this area again with the water at least 10 feet higher. Notice the tops of the Cottonwood trees. The stems in front of the Cottonwood are Willow. This has been a good place for devotions because of a log I would sit on. Now I wonder if that log will still be there, or will it be moved down the river by the flood? There would be an indigo bunting that would greet me when I came there.

Willow can withstand flooding for a long time.

Matthew 7:25
"And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and yet it did not fall, for it had been founded on the rock.

Just as willow is made to withstand flooding so we can withstand the tests of life as we have Jesus within us.


Article of Black Willow forest

Here is a photo showing the stems of a Black willow stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment