Thursday, November 09, 2017

Trail


We were following a marked trail. These markers kept us from taking a wrong turn. With a map and knowing which trail to follow we found our way through the woods. Even with the markings there still was some doubt at times if we were on the right trail.

Usually I have a general knowledge of the lay of the land. Many times I have walked through woods without trails and have done just fine, because I understand how the hills and valleys run and the sun gives me a general direction of south, north, east and west.

There have been times when I have been mixed up. I then use a compass to point the way. A few times I was disorientated and forgot my compass and the sun was covered by clouds. One of those times I sat down and listened for a car to drive by and I used that sound to show me the direction. FortunatelyI knew how the road went.

We can lose our way spiritually if we aren't paying attention. Turn to Jesus and the Bible and you will find your way as the Holy Spirit guides you.

Luke 19:10 "For the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost."


No comments:

Post a Comment