Monday, February 19, 2018

Lost Reference



Looking for this sapling we had measured in January 2014, the reference point was gone. There was an old sign showing the park boundary. I guess the park had been expanded and workers had taken the sign down. I had made a note of a scar on a tree that was near by. So by criss-crossing the woods I came upon it and from there I was able to find this sapling.

The tree had not grown that much in 4 years. I looked and the tree seems to have an opening in the canopy giving it the opportunity for further growth. This is probably why I chose this tree 4 years ago. It is a healthy tree and I look forward to seeing good growth in the years to come.


Bitternut Hickory      2014          2018
Height                           27              29
Circumference             8 1/4"          8 5/8"
Canopy                         9 x 11         9 x 12
Total Points                   38                  40


We can lose our way at times in life. When we choose the right place to grow problems won't stop our advance.

Psalm 25:4,5 "Make me know Your ways, O Lord;
Teach me Your paths.
5 Lead me in Your truth and teach me,
For You are the God of my salvation;
For You I wait all the day."

Thank you Father, though the Your guidelines may not seem to work at certain points, I trust in You to make a way.

No comments:

Post a Comment