Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Oak Sapling


In the progression of an oak forest the trees that replace the oaks usually are not oaks. Trees that are more tolerant of shade will grow up under the oaks and they are not as valuable.

I look for oak saplings in my hikes through the woods and I chose this one yesterday.
Height 13'     Circumference 4 5/8"     Canopy 6' & 6'  Total points 19

Another reason I look for oaks and saplings to measure is they grow a lot more than large trees.

I will come back in the Spring to see if I can identify this oak.

The forest changes over time if it is not managed and cared for. Christians will not have their kids become believers if they are not taught and shown the life of Christ. Many will turn from Christ because of reasoning or peer pressure. Instead of just saying what the Bible says, tell what God did for you. A testimony has more power than repeating doctrines without a testimony.

No comments:

Post a Comment