Thursday, October 30, 2008

White Mulberry



I went back to the Mulberry to ID it. It was not easy for me to find. I found it on the third attempt. I enjoy walking through these woods but it was interesting to see how hard it was to find this tree.

This leaf might causes me to think this tree is a red Mulberry.


My thinking was this was a Red Mulberry. But it turns out to be a White Mulberry. Why?

Red Mulberry White Mulberry
Leaf hairy beneath Leaf- not harry beneath
even base uneven bases
buds greenish brown dark borders Buds red brown
Bark red brown smooth ridges Bark Yellow brown bark


The uneven base of this leaf might cause me to think this is a Red Mulberry.


Psalm 5:3
"In the morning, O Lord, You will hear my voice;
In the morning I will order my prayer to You and eagerly watch."

No comments:

Post a Comment