Saturday, January 21, 2017

Buffalo


There were 60,000,000 or more Buffalo in North America before the Europeans moved into the Midwest and the Plains. Their normal travel speed is about 4 miles an hour. They might travel for many miles before ranging in an area.

When people were looking for Buffalo in the 1800's there might be a lack of them for many miles. Then a herd would be found that would stretch for as far as the eye could see. They usually would gather in family groups with many families banding together. In the herd the bulls would stay on the outside, not necessarily for protection, but for more freedom in movement.

There would be strength in numbers. The babies would be inside with their mothers. Christians have strength when they are united with other Christians. We are not to rely on our strength, but on Jesus.

Psalm 28:7 "The LORD is my strength and my shield; My heart trusts in Him, and I am helped; Therefore my heart exults, And with my song I shall thank Him."

No comments:

Post a Comment