Thursday, January 05, 2017

Dark-Eyed Junco



Dark-Eyed Junco or more commonly called Snow Bird
They show up at feeders when it snows. I see them without snow also.

There are different color variations of this bird. This bird and the ones that visit my place are the slate

The bird is adaptive and occurs in a variety of habitats.
White outer tail feathers, also the bill and  belly are white also. It is a sparrow shaped bird.

These birds don't eat off the bird feeder. They only eat on the ground. That is what I have observed. It looks to me as if the birds throw some of the feed on the ground for other birds to eat.

This bird generosity is intriguing. Maybe they are just sloppy, but I like to think they have some unselfishness.

Let us not just look out for ourselves. But instead care for others.

Romans 15:1,2 “Now we who are strong ought to bear the weaknesses of those without strength and not just please ourselves. Each of us is to please his neighbor for his good, to his edification.”

Father, I yearn to follow the example of others and give to those in need.


























No comments:

Post a Comment