Friday, January 25, 2008

Need Tree ID 221 points


Here is a tree I measured Christmas morning. My kids were still asleep and my dog and I went for a hike. It wasn't cold about 35 degrees. I came across this dominate tree. Measuring it I came up with these figures. It will be an easy tree to find because it dominates the forest. It has wolf tree characteristics. A wolf tree is a large tree with wide branching pattern. They usually are found in the open where there is no competition.

Height 82'
Circumference 121"
Canopy 73 1/2
Total Points 221

I will have to come back in the summer to ID the tree. My guess is that it is a Bur oak.


Jeremiah 5:6
"Therefore a lion from the forest will slay them, A wolf of the deserts will destroy them, A leopard is watching their cities. Everyone who goes out of them will be torn in pieces, Because their transgressions are many, Their apostasies are numerous."

No comments:

Post a Comment