Thursday, January 31, 2008

Animal Trail


Hiking along a trail I frequent often I came across this den hole and mud slide. The photo below shows the trail leading up the other side of the hill. I looked closely for tracks, none were available. That leads me to believe that the animal drags part of his body behind his feet. A beaver tail perhaps. But the hole seems to small for beaver. Hiking in this area, I have never seen any trees cut by beaver so that leads me to rule out beaver.

Badger would be the next logical choice. They range from 13 to 30 pounds so they also seem a little big for the above hole.

Other possibilities would be mink, muskrat, opossum, raccoon, spotted or striped skunks, river otter and weasels.



Psalm 91:3 "For it is He who delivers you from the snare of the trapper
And from the deadly pestilence.

No comments:

Post a Comment