Sunday, January 13, 2008

Looking for Ash Trees


Decided to hike off trail to look for ash trees. Ash trees aren't dominate in these woods and sometimes they are hard to find. The above tree I came across first. The diamond pattern bark and opposite twigs above makes this tree a good bet as an ash tree.

Later in my hike I came across a 2 stemmed ash tree not pictured, that was along a fence row. It will be easy to find because its on the fence row. The third tree, pictured below, is more questionable. The bark pattern is not as clear as the above photo. It may be an ash, but I am waiting for the spring to see for sure.


Yesterday I probably hiked for over a 1/2 mile loop in the woods looking for ash trees and did not find any. I plan to continue to search for ash trees this week as I go into the woods to verify the identity and measure other trees.

Isaiah 55:6 "Seek the Lord while He may be found;
Call upon Him while He is near."

No comments:

Post a Comment