Saturday, December 22, 2007

Hike Durning An Ice Storm



When I left for a hike it was 35 degrees, the weather said 3 to 5 inches of snow and rain first. When my dog and I got to the woods some ice pellets were falling but it wasn't bad. We had a great time hiking and looking at trees. I took a photo of this tree not sure what kind it is. But it may be easy to find with the vines climbing up it.

The ice pellets fell during all of our hike. My dog a black lab enjoys this kind of weather. When we got back the car she took off like a shot probably to get rid of some of her excess energy. Now as I write this she is curled up at my feet and the snow is coming down hard.

I measured the tree:
Height 94 feet This seems a little high. I hope to find this tree again to check my measurements.
Circumference 79"
Canopy 47' x 35' so average would be 41'
Total points 183


This tree (the one with the branch or sucker tree going off at about a 45 degree angle) is 120 degrees from the first tree and the creek is running at 50 degree.


24 inch stump about 15' in the air and the fallen tree points to my tree, I measured (when I sight along the tree) when I follow the creek that runs at 50 degrees.


Matthew 7:7,8 "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened."

No comments:

Post a Comment