Tuesday, December 18, 2007

White Oak


Here is a white oak tree that I use to locate other points of interest in these woods.
I've got measurements which I want to double check.



This is amazing. I took this photo in Nov 2006 and the above photo in Dec 2007. I have almost the same angle in both photos. this angle probably gives the clearest shot of the tree. Other views may be much more obstructed.

My measurements on 26-Nov-06 were:
Height 79 feet
Circumference 120 inches
Canopy 76 feet
giving 218 tree points.

This is a tree that I come by often and I use a Persimmon tree that is 5 degrees from the White oak as a guide to find this tree.


Blocky bark of Persimmon tree.

John 14:6 "Jesus answered, 'I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment