Monday, June 20, 2016

American Coot


These birds are more like a Sandhill crane than a duck. On land they walk like chickens and don't waddle like ducks.

When I have seen them fly they don't get far off the water. It looks like they are running on top of the water as they fly to the other side of the pond. They are predominate in most rural area ponds that I have been to. In West central Missouri they are a little north of their year around range. Though I think some of them stay at a wildlife refuge I frequent, all winter.

Most people don't like to eat them. I read one article where a guy cooks them for his dog.

Psalm 77:11-15 "I shall remember the deeds of the Lord;
Surely I will remember Your wonders of old.
12 I will meditate on all Your work
And muse on Your deeds.
13 Your way, O God, is holy;
What god is great like our God?
14 You are the God who works wonders;
You have made known Your strength among the peoples.
15 You have by Your power redeemed Your people,
The sons of Jacob and Joseph. Selah."

Father, You make all things good for their place. Thank you for the beauty I see.

No comments:

Post a Comment