Thursday, June 30, 2016

Western Kingbird




Western Kingbird is a Flycatcher. It can be seen perches on trees and utility lines. The black tail with white edges and a yellow breast are distinguishing marks.

When intimidated by predators the bird will display crimson feathers under its crown, that are normally hidden from view, as it chases the predator away.

The birds range has been expanding as forests are cleared and utility lines are set up.

I have found them nesting in trees along Berkeley park near downtown Kansas City.

What do we display when we are under spiritual attack?  Do we display faith in God and His promise of protection and provision or do we display fear and hopelessness?

Psalm 56:3,4 "When I am afraid,
I will put my trust in You.
4 In God, whose word I praise,
In God I have put my trust;
I shall not be afraid.
What can mere man do to me?"

Father, I look to you for my help. You are my strength and security. Thank you for protecting me under the shadow of your wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment