Saturday, October 08, 2016

Bur Oak Acorn


 Bur Oak gets it name from the fringe on the end of the acorn cap. The fringe becomes hard when it dries out.

It can be the same with us. When we are full of the Holy Spirit and the love of God we are much easier to get along with. When we neglect our time with God we become self focused, brittle and caustic. When our purpose is to help others we are able to express God's love.

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 "If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing."

1 John 3:14 "We know that we have passed out of death into life, because we love the brethren. He who does not love abides in death."

Love can flow from God through us to others when we decide to give up our rights so we can help others.

Lord, I desire to be filled with you, so I give up my rights and follow You. Thank you for Your grace. So be it in Jesus name.


No comments:

Post a Comment