Sunday, October 30, 2016

Cedar Waxwing


The red spot on the wing is interesting. I don't see it often. This red spot is made up of a waxy substance in the mature birds. Females prefer birds with this marking. 2nd year birds usually don't have these markings. Older birds do have them. Therefore the waxwing name. They like to eat Cedar berries. 

The Cowbird will lay its eggs in the Cedar Waxwing nests. But they reject the eggs by either abandoning the nest or ejecting them. Sometimes they damage the eggs. 

Cedar Waxwings will eat old fruit that has been fermented which makes them drunk or kills the bird if they eat too many.




This alcohol is a type of the problems people face. I have never heard of a marriage that claims alcohol saved their marriage. I have seen a lot of marriages that are ruined by alcohol. I worked downtown for a number of years inspecting streets. During that time I ran into a lot of homeless people. Many of them had a real problem with alcohol. I have never heard of anyone getting their life back together because of alcohol.

Many families are hard up because of money being spent on alcohol instead of using it wisely. Alcohol is a problem and the best way to deal with it is to quit. Some can't without help. Jesus offers us the best help. Turn to Jesus with your life and He will bring you to peace. Not only peace, but a purpose in life. With Jesus we can live as we were made to live. Not with religious rules, but with the vibrancy of service that comes with the love Jesus gives us.

Luke 11:13 "If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your [a]heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him?"

Psalm 121:2 "My help comes from the Lord,
Who made heaven and earth."

Father, I look to you for Your help. I thank You for all You do for me.





1 comment: