Tuesday, October 04, 2016

Kayak the Missouri


These adventuresome people were kayaking down the Missouri. The river runs about 3 miles an hour and the channel is about 20 feet deep. Submerged logs and sandbars need to keep your attention. I rarely see a pleasure boat on the Mighty MO. Almost all the land is private with few public access points.

It would be a different world out there. civilization does not intersect the river at many points. It would be a peaceful way to spend time.

Are we willing to go against the norm to spend time with God?
Habakkuk 2:1 "I will stand on my guard post
And station myself on the rampart;
And I will keep watch to see what He will speak to me,
And how I may reply when I am reproved."
Psalm 5:3 "In the morning, O Lord, You will hear my voice;
In the morning I will order my prayer to You and eagerly watch."
Luke 6:12 "It was at this time that He went off to the mountain to pray, and He spent the whole night in prayer to God."

Lord, I seek You and look for Your answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment