Wednesday, October 05, 2016

False Purpose

 

These 2 trees I considered centennials that guarded the creek. For a few years I thought of them like this  as I walked by. The 2 trees above, are the 2 large trees in the photo below on either side of the creek line. They are dead trees and I did not realise this for a couple of years because I did not look closely at the trees.




This is like my life  when I pursued things that were not alive. Like things that deceive I thought these trees were alive because I did not look closely at them. But when I got next to them and looked up I realised these trees were dead. 

Do I pursue things that are not alive? Do I live for things that are just an illusion? Do I pursue things, that when I achieve them, they are empty?

Life presents many illusions. The ways of man fall into these traps often. Jesus offers the way of truth. John 14:6 "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me."

Following Jesus is the way of life. Turn from illusions to the Lord of lords and the King of kings. Decide to submit your life to Jesus the Lord and King. You will not be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment