Sunday, August 14, 2016

Ginkgo



Went downtown to the farmers market to buy some produce. On the way there I noticed this Ginkgo tree planted by the street. These trees are good trees for street planting because they will survive a lack of water and smog does not bother them like it would other trees.

This is a tough tree species and survives down through history when other trees like it have become extinct.

The herbal use of this tree is interesting. Crushing the leaves gives a herbal benefit of better concentration and improves short term memory.

Habakkuk 3:17,18 "Though the fig tree should not blossom
And there be no fruit on the vines,
Though the yield of the olive should fail
And the fields produce no food,
Though the flock should be cut off from the fold
And there be no cattle in the stalls,
18 Yet I will exult in the Lord,
I will rejoice in the God of my salvation."

The resilience of the Ginkgo points to us the way keep on with Christ. Part of this resilience is knowing the Bible and trusting God when all else is failing around us.

Lord, I look to You to sustain me and give me the resilience to trust You in life. Thanks.




No comments:

Post a Comment