Thursday, August 11, 2016

Osage Orange Leaf and Thorns



The Osage orange tree has leaves like an Orange tree. The tree, of course, does not live in the same climate as an Orange tree. It was mainly in Texas where the range was. It has been planted on many farms to form a hedge. row.

The tree has stiff branches that don't forgive when you try to cross through them. They will tear your clothes and skin. The branches in this picture are pliable, but after that they become stiff and guard whatever is beyond them.

It is because of the thorns that the tree has been planted and used for hedge rows.

Isaiah 5:5-6
"So now let Me tell you what I am going to do to My vineyard: I will remove its hedge and it will be consumed; I will break down its wall and it will become trampled ground. "I will lay it waste; It will not be pruned or hoed, But briars and thorns will come up I will also charge the clouds to rain no rain on it."

Lord, I don't want to be stiff and unworkable. Let me be pliable and useful to You.

No comments:

Post a Comment