Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Possum


Possum or opossum, is the only mammal, in North America, that carries her young in a pouch. They are born just 13 days after conception, the size of a bumble bee.

After a month the young may start to take a peak of the world outside. They leave the mother after 3 months.

They will eat anything. Meat, carrion, vegetables. They climb well and use their hind feet the way humans use their hands. 

These animals have been trapped for fur but they aren't worth much. They are known for playing dead, (playing possum). But they really aren't playing but are responding to stress.

Do we become incapable of dealing with large problems? If so, we can turn to the Lord for strength. He is our rock and our redeemer. Let us not be anxious but build strength by trusting in God.

Psalm 56:11 "In God I have put my trust, I shall not be afraid. What can man do to me?"

Father, I look to you for strength and protection. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment