Saturday, July 23, 2016

Northern Cardinal



Female Northern Cardinal


The best IDs for this bird is the beak and the crest. 2 of my photos don't show this crest, but they are laid down. As you continue viewing the bird you will notice them. 

The black face stands out against the red. The bird does not migrate and is really beautiful against the white snow. The long tail gives the bird more distinction I think.

These birds are common in backyard feeders because they are drawn to residential areas. In captivity they have lived up to 15 years.

Few female birds will sing. But the Northern Cardinal sings and will sing even while sitting on her nest.

Birds singing remind me to worship God. Many find worship a burden especially when people wrongly accuse God of doing things against them or their families. God is for us, not against us.

John 10:10 "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly."

Father I thank you for your protection and warning that you give me in life. 


No comments:

Post a Comment