Monday, July 11, 2016

Eastern Gray Squirrel


Reading my devotions in the backyard this morning, about 5 squirrels were playing a game of tag.

They hoard food and store their catch in many places. Each squirrel is said to hide several thousand catches of food each year. If they are being watched they will act like they are burying the food when in fact they have it in their mouths.  They will share their nests while breeding and during cold spells to stay warm.

I had trouble keeping them away from our bird seed, until I bought a feeder that closes with weight.

They seemed to enjoy the early morning running and jumping from branch to branch. They also use our house roof as a bridge to get from one tree to another.

I truly enjoy watching God's creation in action.

Psalm 108:3 “I will give thanks to You, O Lord, among the peoples, and I will sing praises to You among the nations.”



No comments:

Post a Comment