Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Black Locust Canopy


Waling in the woods the other day I came across some Black locust trees. I thought this was typical of the lack of branches these trees have. I have seen many Black locust trees and they seem not to grow much of a branch system.

If the tree is not going to grow branches they have to be dominate and not have other trees overtoping them or they would lose out on the needed sunlight. In looking for discussion of this tree and the lack of branches I did not find any information. That is my experience in Mid Missouri, most of the trees don't have many branches.

It is the branches and ability to collect light that allows a tree to thrive. This stand of Black locusts is thriving together.

The stand of Black locusts reminds me of the need of believers to work together. When one tree is limited it does better when there are other trees around to support it.

Of course this is not always the case which I will show in near future posts.

Hebrews 10:24 "and let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds,"

Father, you give strength to the weary and power to those who lack strength. I thank you for your grace and ability to serve You.

No comments:

Post a Comment